As often, I’m always very keen to learn and get involved in data visualisation community activities.
This month I decided to participate in the “DataViz Battle for the month of October 2019: Visualize the Jump-Scares for over 500 horror, thriller, and sci-fi Movies” organised on the dataisbeautiful site
To my surprise I was selected Viz of The Day on 31 Oct
Link to tableau visualisation: https://public.tableau.com/profile/fredfery#!/vizhome/DataVizbattleJumpscare500horormovies/DatavizbattleJumpscare
I got good feedback about the design, color choice. I am quite happy to the results, as i think it makes is easy for discover the data.
- keep design choice simple
- don’t over do it – I was tempted to include many more things but held off to keep it simple
- if you try something that doesn’t work, have a plan B – originally i wanted to have blood drops (aka The Killing fields) but could not do a nice job technically, so came up with other options
- ask your peers for feedback
- you don’t need to like the topic or data. I am not a fan for horror movies at all!
Leave a Reply